Azure Virtual Directory - Version 0.0.8a (3/19/2012)
A program (or windows service) that registers a virtual directory on your local machine that is actually a gateway into an Azure Blob service. This will allow you to browse, create, modify and delete files directly in Windows Explorer, through a command
prompt, or by any software that would be able to do so (as if it was writing to the local machine).
NEW SINCE 0.7a RELEASE
IN THE CURRENT RELEASE YOU CAN...
- New structure for "Blob, Queue and Table" controllers.
- So far, only Blob functionality is implemented.
- Create directories (in the "Blob" controller)
- These correspond to Azure Blob containers.
Screen Shot - Options panel
- Mount multiple drives with the new Tray Icon GUI!
- Browse and traverse directories
- Delete directories (containers and virtual directories)
- Delete files (blobs)
- View and read and create files
- Try to copy/paste a file into an existing container!
By the way - an example how to make a connection string can be seen in this MSDN article: Configuring Connection Strings - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ee758697.aspx
Screen Shot - Opening a mounted drive
Screen Shot - Folder browsing
The application will auto-update, but you must first install the DokanMounter prerequisite.